May 23, 2010

courage

"Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use."
-- Ruth Gordon


I need to use my courage muscle a lot more. I do use it often but most of the times I'm over thinking and get myself really worried about what other people will think of my actions even though I really shouldn't. It's not at all healthy. Like Dr. Seuss said, "the people who mind, don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" but sometimes I just can't get that through my head. I think it's because in my mind, almost everyone I encounter matters in my life but if some of them are going to judge me and hurt me then I can't try to live a life trying to please them. One sure fire way to hurt yourself is trying to please everyone so I'm going to have to work on that. I know that I can't please everyone and I need to stop trying. This is my life and I need to be corageous enough to live it for me. I'm not trying to be selfish but I can't really make others happy unless I'm happy myself.

No comments: