May 29, 2010

10th grade wishes

I found this while cleaning up my room. It was written when I was in 10th grade. It's a little depressing but I'm sharing it because I like the way it was written. Which is pretty shocking because I'm not a big fan of 15 year old me. I was in the middle of "bff drama" and "boy issues" it was crazy. Just thinking about it now makes me so angry but I've moved on, I've learned from it and it's okay now. Here goes...





12-5-07

I wonder what it feels like to be totally respected. I wonder what
it would feel like if people thought of me as an actual person. Acknowledge
me because I breathe, eat, and think the same way you do. Something may me
different about me, like a flowing river gold, but I am no less important. The
blood that runs through my veins is as red as yours and I need it just the same.
To deny me the right to live my life the way I please is a great sign of
ignorance. It shows an incapability of understanding who people really are.
What's on the outside never reflects everything on the inside. Inside of me is
deep pain, for mistakes I've made and for the struggles I've had to overcome.
Like everyone else, I am imperfect. I understand that and I accept myself. I
respect myself and I love myself for who I am, maybe everyone else should
too.

No comments: