June 7, 2010

titled: I know

I love when I find things that I wrote in journals or on the memo pad in my phone. I really love what I have in my phone's memo pad because those are the "laying in bed in the middle of night, realizing something and needing to write it down because it just feels like it's so amazing and important but there's no time to get pen and paper because my contacts aren't in and there's no sense in stumbling around the house at this hour but I must remember it" moments. They're just so thoughtful.

Here is one that I wrote and it's from my phone :)

I know, that when I walk out of my house in the morning, not everyone is going to like me. Not everyone is going to approve of what I'm wearing. Not everyone is going to like what I have to say. I also know that when I walk out of the house in the morning, nothing is going to hold me back from being true to myself because I'm not giving anyone the power to make me feel inferior anymore. I'm not going to let anyone make me feel inadequate or make me feel
uncomfortable in my own skin. I'm taking a stand. I'm going to listen to the music I want to listen to. I'm going to wear the clothes that I want to wear. I'm going to say what I want to say. I'm not trying to hurt anyone, I just want to be true to me. I don't want other's opinions of me define my life. What a horrible way to live!!! It's true that people change and change is good sometimes but I think it's sad to change who you are to satisfy what someone
thinks about you. I am standing up for me!

No comments: