June 24, 2010

elephant, zebra, girraffe.

"In a world where you can be anything....Be Yourself."


At orientation, my team leader told us not to act like something we're not because we will get put in our place. I really liked what she said. I like being myself. I've been doing mini self-esteem activities with myself so that I can increase the Kiyanna love which is important...very important actually. It makes my day brighter and my smile a lot more. That's why I like to keep things that make represent my personality all around me.
I don't have pictures because I don't currently have my computer but I do want to share with you what I have around me that reminds me of how unique I am. because we're all unique and special in our own perfect way.
This is what I keep around me:
  • pictures of my family, one in a frame that was given to me as a gift from a wonderful person who I learned a lot from, she gave it to me in the 8th grade.
  • animal stickers and lots of zebra print and a cute little zebra who is always looking at me....
  • I also have all the colors I love in my dorm room. I love a lot of colors but I didn't go overboard or anything. It's mostly pink, purple, and a teal color. Those are my favorites at the moment.
  • I have my devotional books that are amazing. One is called "every teen girl's little pink book" and the other one is called "always sisters." They are both amazing...quote time, from the little pink book..."All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds that we sow today."
  • I also have my mickey mouse pajamas. They're not on right now but have them and they're amazing :)

That's all for now. Even though I've almost been here a week, I still need lots. I'm a very sleepy zebra and there's one thing I forgot to mention...With my internet, Rupert Grint is just a click a way and he makes my heart happy. instant stress reliever.

1 comment:

eva said...

Sounds like you're settling in well!