April 28, 2010

self-esteem.

I've done some research and I've think I've found a few ways to build your self-esteem. Self-esteem is basically how much you like yourself. Having high or positive self-esteem means that you understand and accept yourself. Having low or negative self-esteem means that you think very negatively about yourself or you put yourself down a lot or you have a bad self image. I don't think it's easy to really build your self-esteem. It takes a while and it's hard. I have good days and I have bad days but on my bad days, I realize that there are a few positive self-esteem techniques that I've been ignoring and here there are....:
  • set realistic goals for yourself. my mom says that sometimes when most people reach for the stars and are ofay when they land on the clouds while I will reach for pluto and get really upset if I land on the moon. That's really not healthy and I need to stop doing that.
  • Take it one day at a time. I think I neglect this one because I think that I'll be okay if I try to do everything at once. I can make it but really, I need to set limits for myself, when I don't and try to do too much, I end up disappointed in myself and I find reasons to put myself down.
  • Celebrate your own achievements. I don't do this because I begin to feel like I'm thinking too highly of myself but when I've done a really good job, I should celebrate! I deserve it especiialy if I've been working hard.

No comments: