December 29, 2012

Day 25

What the holidays/winter mean to you

This time of year reminds me of how important it is to be with my family. I know sometimes gatherings can be stressful but at the end of the day, I'm happy to be surrounded by so much love. This Christmas I even skyped with some of my family in the U.K.! It was wonderful. I haven't seen them in so long. I usually skype with my cousin Analese but I've never skyped as a group. We talked while we were having dinner so it was a great big shared experience. It was funny seeing the older people amazed by the technology.  I honestly think they were more excited to be video chatting for the first time than they were to be talking to family.

I think that this time of year is also about happiness and peace. My grandparents both died during the holiday season--my grandfather died around Thanksgiving and my grandmother died on New Years Eve. This time of year is difficult at times for us but we're still happy to have each other. We enjoy reflecting on our times with them and we make sure that we work on keeping our spirits up. I think that's the reason why I love being with my family so much this time of year. I love seeing my family grow. I love seeing the kids grow each year and it makes my heart happy to see them so happy.

Also food. The food is great. I love the food.

No comments: