March 20, 2010

new princess :)

I saw Princess and The Frog a few days ago and fell in love with it. Honestly though, if it's disney, and there is a princess involved, I'm going to fall in love with it. Like all of the other disney princess movies, it's all about love and how beautiful it is. Of course there is trouble along the way and there should be. Why be dishonest. Love takes time and patience, there are bumps along the way and we should show that to children through these awesome disney stories although kissing a frog prince is not likely to happen. Neither will falling in love with a beast who lives with talking furniture. They're just imaginative ways to show how amazing and powerful love can be. It helps us to see that we all have our prince, princess, or Evangeline (watch the movie!!), that will love us unconditionally and shine brighter that any other star. It'll take patience and it'll be worth the wait.

2 comments:

wacky peacemaking said...

Hello, Dear ... Question? Did you feel that the actual princess spent more time as a frog? And did that bother you? I wanted to rent it, but couldn't so I'll buy it, but that was the one criticism I heard. What do you tink

Kiyanna Shanay said...

The majority of the movie is spent with her as a frog and it isn't that long but it didn't bother me. I heard that criticism when the movie first came out also and I forgot about it and I wasn't even thinking about it while I was watching the movie. It's a phenomenal story though and it has an amazing message despite all the criticism. You should watch it, you'll like it! :)