June 28, 2017

Sunflowers and affirmations



I recently got two tattoos, both of which I've been trying to get since late last year. I love that we have the ability and option to add art to our bodies like this. These are my 3rd and 4th tattoos and I love that I've been able to put empowering words and pictures on my body that mean something special to me. I've been so eager to get these two because they represent the affirmations I made for 24th year and my commitment to loving myself fully and unapologetically. I definitely wanted to get them done before my25th birthday, which I feel is quickly approaching. I also really wanted these reminders with me at all times. It feels right as I continue to find more and more harmony with my spirit.

Under my left wrist is the word deserving. My tagline/affirmation for this year of my life. "I am deserving." I deserving of unconditional love and self-love. I am deserving of healing energies. I am deserving of forgiveness. I deserve to be here. I am deserving.

On my right wrist is one of my forever and ever life mantras, "still I rise," words from the late and phenomenal Maya Angelou. Both Maya Angelou and her words have meant so much to me. Through the years her words have empowered me and saved me. I love being able to look at them every day under this beautiful sunflower. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and I don't think that this is the last sunflower that I will have tattooed on my body. Unlike me, they are tall but they rise so high and I love the way that they stand tall in the sun. They are golden and brown, like me and I feel like they symbolize happiness and wholeness and joy and I call for as much of those qualities into my life as I can.

It's been such a blessing, and sometimes a distraction, seeing these affirmations--these incredible words--on my skin every day.

See my first tattoo here: my bumble-bee and my second tattoo here: i am mine 


No comments: