February 16, 2014

Black Excellence Month: Day 16

Maya Angelou 
Poet  Novelist  Activist  Educator  Producer 
1928 - 2014


"Courage is the most important of all virtues, because without courage, you cannot practice any of the other virtues consistently."
-Maya Angelou


“A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself, and only herself.”
-Maya Angelou

---

Maya Angelou Book List:
  • I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings
  •  The Heart of a Woman
  • Letter to My Daughter
  • Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now
  • On the Pulse of Morning
  • Gather Together in My Name
  • All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes
  • Life Doesn't Frighten Me
  • Mom & Me & Mom
  • Even The Stars Look Lonesome
  • I Shall Not Be Moved
  • Just Give Me a Cool Drink A Water 'fore I Die
  • Graduation
  • Hallelujah! The Welcome Table: A Lifetime of Memories with Recipes
---

Recommended Reading:
---

Recommended Watching:
---


“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” 
-Maya Angelou

No comments: