May 11, 2015

Motivation Monday


A few days ago I got another tattoo. It reads, "I am mine. before I am ever anyone else's." It's a poem by an artist I love named Nayyirah Waheed. I've been a big fan of her work for some time now. So much of her writing just speaks to my soul and I feel so special whenever I read her work. Look her up!

I decided to get this tattoo to remind myself that self love is important. I am deserving of my own love. I need to love and support myself in my triumphs and in my lows. I am mine. I am constantly learning about myself. Every day I continue to grow with myself. Some days I grow stronger than I was the day before. I'm on this incredible journey with myself and it's important that I love, respect, and support the one person on this journey with me---myself.

---
i am mine.
before i am ever anyone else's.
-Nayyirah Waheed

No comments: