March 16, 2014

Just Finished Reading:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close


I really enjoyed this book!I'm so glad I took the time to read it. It's so incredibly moving. There were times when I didn't even want to put the book down. I loved it because it reminded me how important it is to hold on to love. I definitely recommend it to the people out there who stay up at night thinking about life and how we're all connected and are searching for meaning in our actions and stories.


Time for some quotes that I loved!

“She wants to know if I love her, that's all anyone wants from anyone else, not love itself but the knowledge that love is there, like new batteries in the flashlight in the emergency kit in the hall closet.”
----
 “So many people enter and leave your life! Hundreds of thousands of people! You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go!”
----
 “I thought, it's a shame that we have to live, but it's a tragedy that we get to live only one life, because if I'd had two lives, I would have spent one of them with her.”
----

“He promised us that everything would be okay. I was a child, but I knew that everything would not be okay. That did not make my father a liar. It made him my father.”
----
 “But it was unnecessary.
There would be other nights.
And how can you say I love you to someone you love?
I rolled on my side and fell asleep next to her.
Here is the point of everything I've been trying to tell you, Oskar.
It's always necessary.
I love you,
Grandma”


No comments: