March 26, 2014

Books I Loved

Books about Girls




I want to share some books that I read growing up about real girls. These are books that I loved. These are books that were about life. I've loved these books because they made me laugh, they made me think about life, and they made me appreciate and celebrate myself and the people in my life. Sometimes they made me cry--these were my favorites. I think it's so important to have books that you love at every age. I've made a connection with the girls and women in these books. Because of these books, I'll always have a special place in my heart for reading and I'll always appreciate the way books can change your life.

These are all books I read and loved between the ages of 9 and 18.

  • Imani All Mine by Connie Porter
  • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
  • Rhymes with Witches by Lauren Myracle
  • The Skin I'm In by Sharon G. Flake
  • Money Hungry by Sharon G. Flake
  • Begging For Change by Sharon G. Flake
  • Who am I Without Him? By Sharon G. Flake
  • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kid
  • Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  • Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
  • Here's to You, Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume
  • It's Not the End of the World by Judy Blume
  • Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume
  • Staring Sally J. Freedman as Herself by Judy Blume
  • Deenie by Judy Blume
  • Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
  • Blubber by Judy Blume
  • Forever by Judy Blume
  • Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume
  • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Bobbit
  • Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah
  • The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
  • Sold by Patricia McCormick
  • Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
  • Fault Line by Janet Tashjian
  • My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult 
  • Meet Addy: An American Girl by Connie Porter





No comments: