November 2, 2012

I know I am strong

Disney has released a video called "I am a Princess." The purpose is to celebrate real life princess that don't fit into the mold that Disney has been presenting to us over the last 50 years. I think that this video more so focuses on being yourself, standing up for yourself, and standing up for others. There is a strong focus on love in this video and while it is still pretty "girly," we all know that love is neither a feminine or masculine trait. It's just love. I think it's pretty empowering. There's a lot more we can do to empower our younger generation but this is definitely a step in the right direction.



“I am a Princess. I am brave sometimes, I am scared sometimes. Sometimes I am brave even when I am scared. I believe in loyalty and trust. I believe loyalty is built on trust. I try to be kind, I try to be generous. I am kind even when others are not so generous. I am a Princess. I think standing up for myself is important. I think standing up for others is more important, but standing with others is most important. I am a Princess. I believe compassion makes me strong. Kindness is power. And family is the tightest bond of all. I have heard I am beautiful, I know I am strong. I am a Princess. Long may I reign.”

No comments: