November 21, 2012

Food for Thought

My lovely friend Lauren occasionally posts "food for thought" prompts on her blog. This prompt was, "write a letter to a person who has had a bad day."


For you, with love:
I want you to know that you're so much more than what you're going through right now. How you're feeling today does not define you. You're more than this day. Take a deep breath. I can't change that today was tough but here are some things I want you to remember. You matter. You will survive this. You're alive. You matter. I'm glad you're alive. I'm happy that you're still here. Today won't last forever.
Sometimes were sent bad days so that we appreciate the good days. Some people say that it's always darkest before the dawn. My favorite quote to get me through those harder days is "Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can't rain forever." This song also helps me a lot. Beautiful Flower by India Arie.
I hope this helps. If not, it's okay to take a break. Sit down. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Do a little bit of what makes you happy. Indulge in something special. You deserve love. You deserve something special. You're worth it. 
I'm always here if you need to talk. Please remember that. 
Stay Strong♥





No comments: