November 26, 2012

Anthems!

Check out these songs that have been keeping me going lately. I call them my anthems. I feel like you need different anthems for different moments and situations. There have been songs that were an anthem in a different part of my life when my experiences and challenges were different but they still sound perfect to me now. They still fit because they are reminders of my life and of the challenges I've overcome and the happy moments that I will cherish forever.


Fun- Some Nights
  • This is my current anthem. It describes how I'm feeling right now. I'm stuck between the things I want to do to chase after what I'm passionate about and doing the things I need to do in order to graduate. This song can be interpreted in so many ways. I think that anyone can find an anthem in this. It really speaks to you.



India Arie- Beautiful Flower
  •  This song is my forever anthem. I don't think that I'll ever grow out of it. The words are so beautiful. The song gives me power. It lifts me up. It reminds me that I am beautiful and special. I am important and I deserve to be here. I can't forget how important it is to believe in myself. Believe in yourself! There is nothing that you cannot do when you believe in yourself.


Nine Days- Absolutely(story of a girl) 
  • This song never gets old. It was my anthem when I graduated from high school and was trying to heal. I had stop cutting for a while and things were looking up for me. I thought that depression was in the past. I know now that depression is much more than something I can just let go because I moved to another town. This song makes me smile.


These are just a few of the songs that have become my anthems. What songs speak to you? What songs make you feel special?

No comments: