December 31, 2011

My year in 2011

I feel like this has been a really good year for me. This year, I've learned to love myself in a way I never have before. I've never been happier. I've never loved myself more. I've learned that acceptance is just what I needed to find love and happiness in my life.

I've definitely had some battles to get through and I think I've survived quite nicely. I think my heart is healing quite wonderfully.

My year started off a little rocky but it's made me stronger.



  • My spring semester didn't go to well but I survived

  • I started cutting again earlier this year

  • I got into a few fights and had some hurdles in a few relationships

  • I had a few family problems that were hard to get through

I survived and I'm stronger because I know that these situations don't hold me back from happiness now. Life goes on. This year, especially from summer up until now, I've really learned a lot about myself. I have begun the process of finding and loving myself. It's taken a long time to love me but I now know for sure that I love me some me. Happy points this year:



  • I stopped cutting some time in mid-April. I don't see my self going down that road again anytime soon.

  • I made some great new friendships

  • My Fall 2011 semester went quite well

  • I got to go home to NYC this holiday season.

  • I got to see some people who I hadn't seen in years and it was wonderful!

  • I met a lot of great people this year and I'm thankful for them

  • I've stumbled on a lot of great inspiration this year and I think it's what really kept me strong at times when I needed it.

  • I'm a junior now and that's really exciting
  • li>I accepted myself and my body


There have been more but it's hard to put everything into words and on to lists. I'm looking forward to what the new year has to bring. I'll learn and grow from what ever life throws my way. It's nice to reflect. I hope you've had a great year. Be safe. Here's to surviving 2012!!

No comments: