November 15, 2011

You are not alone.

Recently in the news, the story broke of a 10 year old girl who committed suicide by hanging herself in her closet. She was only 10 years old and an honor student. Now she's gone. Like many others, she was bullied in school and it led her to take her own life. She felt alone, left out, and saw no other way out

Now listen to me, I want you to remember that you are not alone. Love is louder than the harsh things they say. Love is louder than hate, prejudice, ignorance, intolerance, and judgement. I'm so sorry for all the voices that are not heard but I will be standing up for you. This needs to stop. We need to stop losing lives like this. Stomp Out Bullying...it is not necessary and it's destroying us. Bullies: STOP IT.

We're stronger than bullying and we need to protect each other and ourselves. Remember please that you are a beautiful person. You are loved. You will make it. I believe in you.

Remember this quote, it's one of my favorites right now, "You are a child of the universe! No less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."

You are not alone. Listen to the song below. It's one of my favorites. I can listen to it a million times. Remember that you're not alone. Love is louder.

No comments: