July 31, 2014

Retail Therapy!

I think that shopping/retail therapy can be a great form of self care. I think so because when you're treating yourself, the focus is on you! Even when you're shopping for people you love, it feels great because your thinking about the people you love and care about and how you can make them happy. For me, making other people happy is a wonderful source of my own happiness. I make sure that I can make myself happy as much as possible. It's been harder during my long summer camp days to find time for me that does not include sleeping and showering. So I was excited to get some time in to buy somethings I needed and wanted too!

This week I decided that it was okay to treat myself. I was responding to my body's requests. I was stressed, tired, my feet hurt from these field trips and I thought that it was time to do a little pampering. I deserve it!

Over the past few days, I bought myself two new pairs of sneakers, a pair of sandals, and I treated myself to a much needed mani and pedi. All of the shoes were on sale so I got a great deal. Here are the results of my spending on me "spree."


No comments: