July 6, 2014

Celebrating Me: July 6th


I am so proud of myself today. I was very productive. I cleaned my room. Did laundry.  Moisturized my hair and put my mini twists in flexirods (see scarf). Washed my sister's hair. Got my lunch ready for tomorrow. Refilled my metrocard. It was a good day. I did everything I set out to do this weekend. However, I planned to go to be at 10 and as I type this it is 10:04 so that didn't work out but it's okay. My bed isn't going anywhere and in the morning there will be coffee.

My job has transitioned from afterschool to summer camp so now my work day starts at 8. I secretly love mornings. I like sleeping in too but I really don't mind if I have to get up early. I think mornings are wonderful. A lot of times they're quiet. There's coffee and breakfast food!! It's usually cooler in the morning time. I'm a fan of mornings. To make my morning go smoothly, I do as much as I can the night before. I even instagrammed a little video of me making my salad and iced coffee. See it here.

Today, I'm so thankful for my family and all of the time I get to spend with them.

My selfie day today reminds me that my birthday is one month away! It also reminds me that half of the year has already flown by. I'm not sure about you but it feels like this year is going by so quickly! I'm honestly ready for the cold months to come back.

I'm currently reading The Other Side of Paradise by Staceyann Chin. I really love it. I'm almost finished. Finishing books can be so bittersweet sometimes. I'm really enjoying reading this story. With it being summer time, I've been seeing a lot of summer reading lists and my book wishlist is just getting longer and longer. I'm going to be excited to finish this book and then sad that it's over but then excited to start the next book. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to read next but I have plenty of good titles to choose from.

My productive day has left me tired but feeling accomplished. This heat has me miserable but I'm about to go moisturize with some lavender oil and drink some refreshing ice cold water.

Today, only after a refreshing and exfoliating shower, I felt wonderful and calm in my own skin. I'm happy to be where I am today and I'm excited to see what this month beings. 

No comments: