January 20, 2012

Mockingjay

“What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again”

I just finished reading a book called Mockingjay. It's the last book in a the Hunger Games series. Read these books! They are amazing. I feel a bit empty now that I've finished them all but I was so into them that I was neglecting my studies and I'm aiming for straight A's this semester so that was no good. However, if you have the time, I recommend you read these books. What I like is that they reflect passion and determination but nothing is portrayed as perfect because that's the truth of life. It can be hard and also beautiful but it's never "perfect."

If you're reading this, I want you to remember that you are alive and you are beautiful.




No comments: