May 18, 2011

Rev Your Engines.

Love your body in 20 days!....Just kidding. There is no step by step guide to loving anything and there is no limit on how long it takes to love someone, including yourself. There are however, tips and ways to help you love your body. I have seen so many but I found a list by Dr. Margo Maine, Ph.D. that I especially love and want to share one each day. This list was compiled for the National Easting Disorders Association.


Tip 1: Think of your body as the vehicle of your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.


I don't think I have a dream car so I'm just going to put a picture of a zebra here instead. I'm sure it saves a lot more on gas anyway.
"Honor it." I understand this to mean that I should love my body/dream zebra. Treat it like a queen.
"Respect it." Don't call it bad names. Names like Disgusting, Horrible, Garbage, Ugly, etc., are bad. Names like Beautiful, Wonderful, Phenomenal, etc., are good. You don't have to go all out but i think it helps if to be happy about it. Love the skin you're in.
"Fuel it." This can be taken a lot of different ways. What I see it as, is enjoy life. It's okay to indulge when needed. I think it means not to starve yourself. I also see it as meaning that you should try to stay healthy. Don't forget that aside from being yummy, bringing families together, and preserving culture, food is a primary source of energy and it's good for your body.



No comments: