November 3, 2010

Tunnel of Opression


What it is a series of skits. It was dark, deep, serious, heartbreaking, there were endless was to describe. It is meant to bring awareness to the what really happens. Events that take place in the world that hurt so many people. I really loved it because it showed me that people actually care. Even though it was so intense, I felt like I didn't have to feel so alone anymore because there are people who actually believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I loved that it was serious because I've seen so many people turn issues like these into jokes and it's not funny at all.

  • The first skit was about domestic violence.It was in a really small area. I felt like I was there and seeing it and a part of it. It was really life-like
  • There was one where a girl's roommate's where making fun of her because of her weight. I easily related to that. It was so sad. They were saying things like "I only want to take her because guys will want to dance with me because I look better by comparison" and things like "she looks like a pregnant whale." It was crazy.
  • There was an Autistic student being made fun of. It was so sad. In this particular skit, I was right behind him and I wanted to hug him.

It was wonderful. eye-opening. It just makes me want to take action. We can't judge people because we don't know what they're going through. Life is hard. We don't need to be hurt by others on top of it all. We NEED to be respectful!

Love is louder. This world is brutal enough as it is. The least we can do is make sure that love is all around and that we respect each other.

No comments: