August 8, 2009

True Colors


My mom thinks that I should rename my blog "you're beautiful" because I say it in almost every post. The thing is, I stongly believe that beauty is all around. It doesn't fit into any stereotype. It's real and ageless. It can be found everywhere! Everyone on this planet is beautiful and unique. The trouble is we don't always see how beautiful each one of us really is. We get so caught up in the "image of beauty" that's sent to us through the media. We all need to see how beautiful we are. That's why I keep posting things like this. That's why I love the people at twitter.com/projectbeauty and operationbeautiful.com. That's why I send messages letting people now how beautiful they are just incase a day goes by where they've managed to forget it. The message needs to be spread so we can remember it always. We are Beautiful. Always.

ps. whenever you get the chance, visit dove's campaign for real beauty.

it can be found here: http://www.dove.us/#/cfrb/

1 comment:

Project Beauty said...

Amazing and so true!

Thanks for mentioning us! :)

<3