April 5, 2015

Vision Binder

I made a vision binder to put some of my goals and inspirations in one place. My inspiration for my vision binder was a vision board. I've wanted to make a vision board for a long time but I've just never had the space or materials that I wanted for the vision board that I was envisioning. I happened to see this beautiful binder in Target and stood in front of it for a few minutes because I know I didn't need it but I wanted it so I just needed to give it a purpose before I bought it.

I wanted to make sure that my vision binder was a true reflection of me. I've been working on it for about a month and the cool thing about it is that I can keep adding as I go along. It's kind of structured. I put pages as they fit into categories I made but there isn't a table of contents or anything.

The first section is where I put inspirational quotes that I love, affirmations, pictures of people who inspire me, and general self-care reminders. This section really makes me smile. It really brightens my spirits and reminds me to protect my spirit. The next section is my travel section. In that section I have pictures of places that I WILL travel to. I also have pictures of things to do while traveling like skiing, boat rides, and what landmarks I really want to see. The section after that focuses on body health. I have a few recipes and workout routines. I also made sure to put reminders to drink water and nourish my hair as well as my body. The last section I like to call "Motivation & Me." In this section, I put my goals, I put reminders of who I am and what my life journey means to me. I made sure to include pictures of my accomplishments and some of the moments in my life that really push me forward. I have a picture of me working on a campaign and I have a picture from the day I graduated. I also have a long lists of the books I'll be reading in the future and a few magazine articles that really inspired me. This section keeps me focused on my long term life goals. This section motivates me to stick to my goals and to remain true to myself.

My goal is to have a few quiet minutes to myself every day to look through the binder as a form of daily motivation and inspiration. Unfortunately it doesn't happen every day but I do really love looking through it. It's hard work that reminds me of all the hard work and beautiful results that I've already accomplished and all the hard work and beautiful results that my future holds.


Here's what it looks like!










No comments: