February 27, 2014

Black Excellence Month: Day 27

Whoopi Goldberg
Actress  Comedian  Political Activist  Singer
1953 - 


"It's being willing to walk away that gives you strength and power - if you're willing to accept the consequences of doing what you want to do."
-Whoopi Goldberg



"Well, when I was nine years old, Star Trek came on, I looked at it and I went screaming through the house, 'Come here, mum, everybody, come quick, come quick, there's a black lady on television and she ain't no maid!' I knew right then and there I could be anything I wanted to be.”
-Whoopi Goldberg

---

Recommended Watching:
---

Recommended Reading:
  • Sugar Plum Ballerinas (series) by Whoopi Goldberg
  • Is it Just Me? Or is it Nuts Out There by Whoopi Goldberg
  • Alice by Whoopi Goldberg

No comments: