February 1, 2014

Black Excellence Month: Day 1

Audre Lorde
Black Feminist Visionary Warrior Lesbian Poet 
1934 - 1992


 "I am a Black Feminist. I mean I recognize that my power as well as my primary oppressions come as a result of my blackness as well as my womaness, and therefore my struggles on both of these fronts are inseparable."
 -Audre Lorde
---

 
  

---

Recommended Reading:
I read Audre Lorde’s Zami: A New Spelling of My Name last year on a train ride from New York to Florida. It holds a special place in my heart. Her writing is so beautiful and touching. I feel so grateful to get a glimpse into her younger life. I felt a great connection to her in this book. It reminds me that I come from greatness and of the unique struggles of the women who lived before me for I would not be who I am today if it were not for them. It left me completely inspired.
---

Recommended Watching:
---

Links:




 

No comments: