January 6, 2014

Celebrating Me: January 6th

I want to get into the habit of celebrating myself. So I decided to have a photo shoot with myself every month on the 6th. I tried to do this my senior year of high school to see how much I changed over the months but I don't think I was there emotionally to celebrate myself every month. I've changed a lot since then so I want to try it this year.

Every month on the 6th, I'm going to get dolled up, or not, and get comfy with my camera. I pick the 6th so that it will fall on my birthday come August. So I did my photo shoot today and I loved it. I really felt great about it so I'm going to write it off as self care. I think I'm going to keep up with this to the best of my abilities.

I was really exciting about my photo day! I got to play with my make-up and feel glamorous! I loved it. What I thought was interesting was that my favorite photo was myself in my satin cap right before I washed my make-up off.

The photos:






Today I feel at peace. I feel productive. I'm relaxed. I'm happy to be in my own skin today. I enjoyed a great cup of coffee today. I didn't do everything on my to-do list but I'm okay with that. Today was a pretty good day!

My quote of the day is, “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
Maya Angelou. 


No comments: