February 10, 2013

What happened to me was not my fault



This wonderful woman is Staceyann Chin. She's a poet, performer, and activist. Her performances are so powerful. I'm sharing this clip of one of her memorable performances because I think this message is incredibly important for women. Remember to be proud of who you are. Love all parts of yourself because there is no one else out there like you. Be the epitome of your name and your soul. No one can be a greater you. Be that great person that you deserve to be. Anything that has happened to you in the past that has shaken you was not your fault. What someone else did in hope to cut you down was not your fault. The person who violated you was in the wrong. What happened to you was not your fault. 

 I wish every woman had the pen, the clear view and the support she needs to scream: WHAT HAPPENED TO ME WAS NOT MY FAULT
--Staceyann Chin

No comments: