September 4, 2010

The Waiting Room


"I think Mother Nature has a cure for most everything...'cept human nature..."


So this week, I had to read a play called The Waiting Room. I had to read it as part of my women's study class, the female experience in America. I just finished the play. It wasn't too long, only about 75 pages but it carries a phenomenal impact. I mean, I am so excited that I had the chance to read the book. I learned so many things that I kind of already knew. It's like I gained a new persepctive on things that I though I had an awesome perspective on already. Also, I totally cried. I love books and movies that make me cry. To me, that means they hit a special place deep inside of me. Which I think is awesome it's crazy sometimes to think that books are so powerful. they don't have arms or legs and they don't have brains or anything but they have the power to reach into and sometimes just become apart of you and I think that's so marvelous.
In the play, there were a lot of instant favorite lines for me. Lines that I read, and I was just like, wow....this needs to be shared asap! So that's what I'm going to do. I hope everyone could get the chance to read this play and see it, hopefully, like I saw it.

No comments: