August 7, 2010

18!!!


I am now an adult, I guess. August 6th was my birthday and I am now 18 years old. I am an adult now right? Also, the 6th was my last day of classes for the summer semester which was bittersweet in my opinion. I had to take an icky American History final exam but my Human Sexual Behavior class was canceled so I had more time to pack and rest before my mom and my aunt and all of the beautiful little kids came to pick me up. Unfortunately, the cake above was not my birthday cake. My mom got me cake from bob evans, actually, I had my birthday dinner at bob evans. I don't feel that different, especially since I had already been living on my own in college for the past 7 weeks. I do feel a bit older though, I was able to buy a scratch off today and my mom keeps telling me how grown up I am. I think I've always been an adult, not always but for a while, I had grown up very fast and I was mature. I aged from things like saving myself and all the fights I've had that I won! I think those things made me older than I really was.

I'm also going to miss my summer. It was so much fun. My college years are off to a good start I think. I met a lot of cool people and I learned a lot. Of course I went to college to learn but I think I learned a lot about life also. I learned about how it is to live with people and how to manage time. I learned what study techniques work best for me even though I still need to work on that some more...*laughs* I also learned how to take care of myself a little bit better. My mom isn't alway there anymore to help me out so I have to make it work on my own. I'm so glad I'm with her now though on my break between semesters. *yay!!* I also learned to stick up with what I believe no matter what people say about it or try to tell you about it. My beliefs make me who I am so I can't change that for anyone. I'm grown now. I have to stick up for me because it's getting harder and harder to find someone who is going to do it for me. Another year strong and I'm living my life for me!

No comments: