September 3, 2009

Your Words.


I have seen so many people holding back from saying what's really on their mind. I have to honestly say that I don't always speak up either. Why do people tend to hold back sometimes. Our voices are so powerful. We are so powerful. It's a shame that we can't always see that we can have an impact on others. What makes us afraid to try to make a difference? I know for me, it's the fear that no one will appreciate it or the won't understand the point I'm trying to get across. I was planning to post positive messages all over school but I kept rethinking my idea because I wasn't sure how people at my school would react. I thought that I would maybe get into trouble or that people will write negative things on them or take them down. I shouldn't have worries like that in my mind. I shouldn't have to rethink doing a good deed because I'm afraid of what others will do.
That night, I read my devotional book to help with my confusion and the last sentence of the passage of said, "You never know how someone will react to an act of love."
We should not be afraid to share our love and our passion to help others. We should be able to raise our voice without the fear of being hurt in return. We're made to love and be loved. The first step, I would guess is to love and then you will recieve love in return. I'm not an expert on this but hopefully, people who had this problem will overcome it. We all have the power to love and help others. You matter. We all matter and we are all more powerful than we could ever imagine. Let's not be afraid to use it for good.

No comments: