September 2, 2015

Inspirational Sources May Vary



 As I sit here watching MasterChef and I think about how much I love competition shows like this. This one is only one of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of Top Chef, Project Runway, Chopped, Great Food Truck Race, and so many others. I love television programs that showcase people working so hard to achieve or gain better access to their life goals and dreams. I think these shows are so inspirational. They can be such a big source of motivation as well. A lot of times, we see people drop so much to go to where these shows are filmed and stay there for weeks at a time because they so strongly believe in following their dreams. It's perfect example of putting "faith over fear.

I think we should aspire to chase our dreams. In a perfect world, wouldn't it be great if we were all able to drop everything to chase our dreams. In a perfect world, we probably wouldn't have anything standing in our way. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world. However, there is so much beauty in the process of baby steps and slowly turning our dreams into reality. Sometimes beautiful and amazing things take time. We cannot make things happen overnight, but we cannot let the size of our dreams deter us from taking that first brave step.

So I watch these shows because I think it's so cool to see hard work turn into something beautiful and see people proud of what they've made. It's cool to watch people overcome failures and work through losses and challenges. They're people like us. We can identify with their stories and they motivate us to chase our own dreams. It's all very cool!



No comments: