March 1, 2012

self-injury

Today was Self Injury Awareness Day. As you might know, this is something that is very important to me. This month, on the 20th, will be one year without self-harm for me. I'm incredibly proud of myself. I know that I'm strong but I'm only human and sometimes I break. Each day that I've refrained from cutting is a day that I've become stronger. I know that I can make it through bigger things because I've battled this for almost a year now and I'm still winning.

If you are battling depression or are fighting it out with self-injury, I want you to know that you are now alone. You've never been alone and you're stronger than what you're going through. You can make it through this.

If you need inspiration, here are some places you can find it:

There is inspiration all around but here are some places that I usually find some. I know that you're healing wonderfully. I hope you have a beautiful day.

No comments: