July 16, 2009

music = therapy.

I love music. It's like therapy to me. When I listen to music it's like I can escape whatever else is going on and just feel the beat. It's so amazing! I don't think it should matter who sings a song or what label they're on or what they look like. Music is to be enjoyed and we should thank all musicians for bringing that joy to so many people especially since they don't even know the full effect their music has on their fans. It's truly amazing. The lyrics to these songs are so much more than just enough lines that rhymes to take up 5 minutes. A lot of these lyrics decribe the lives of so many people. They can change a gloomy day to a brighter one. They can sum up the story of your relationship, good or bad. They can give you confidence. They can just make you happier than you've ever been before. They can say everything that you thought was impossible to say. Please don't judge people on the kind of music they like because you never know how much their music may mean to them.











1 comment:

Sash said...

Sometimes I put on old CD's or some radio jazz, and just -listen- to the music. Phish and Pink Floyd in particular, I love, and often drive to. Fall asleep to. (Never both in combination!)

Music is particularly important to me when I'm depressed, or upset about something. What's beautiful is, if you can't stop thinking about a situation, you just listen for a while, and it gives your head a rest. Takes your mind off whatever's bothering you.

True. Very true post. :)