March 13, 2017

Blessings from Poetry






In honor of Women's History Month, I would like to highlight these wonderful poets whose words truly keep me afloat by speaking to my soul. I've been so thankful for this poets and their work over the past year or so. I turn to their words to relieve stress, to find comfort, to cry, to laugh, to affirm myself, and to heal. I cherish these poets and these collections so much because they so beautifully articulate feelings of heartbreak and pain, childhood, our connections to our ancestors, relationships with ourselves and with others, and so much more. I've carried these books of poetry and prose and shared them to help others heal and be inspired as well.


Here are some beautiful words from these talented artists to help you get through this week. May they speak to you and guide you through anything you may be going through. Enjoy!

---


From Nectar by Upile Chisala


From Soft Magic by Upile Chisala


From Questions for Ada by Ijeoma Umebinyuo


From Nejma by Nayyirah Waheed


From Bone by Yrsa Daley-Ward


From Preparing My Daughter for Rain by Key Ballah


From Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth by Warsan Shire



From Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur




---

You deserve to have a good week. Take care of yourself.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read a few of these poetry books and these seem like good suggestions. I love the poems you choose. Keep up the good work.