December 6, 2014

Celebrating Me: December 6th





It's already December! How did that happen?

This past month has been very eventful. It's been an emotional roller coaster but that's okay. It's important to recognize that you will go through many different feelings an emotions during the course of a day, or week, or month, even from one minute tot he next. I may joke sometimes and say that I'm over emotional like it's a bad thing but I don't really think there's anything wrong with feeling things. What's important is that we don't let any one feeling define us and we don't let ourselves see our emotions and feelings as flaws. Additionally, we can't forget that emotions are not flaws in other people. If someone is expressing anger it is because they are angry about something and that it a human emotion. They are not inherently angry.  The same goes for all other emotions and feelings.

I started reading Robin Roberts' Everybody's Got Something and I've been enjoying it so far. I'm really glad I picked it up!

This time of year is my favorite because I feel that this time of year is about love and spending time with people you care about. It's about showing people how much you care for them and keeping them close. It's a great time of year.

Today, I'm feeling great because it's the weekend, I had a wonderful Friday, and I was very productive. I'm feeling slightly stressed as the end of my first semester of grad school comes to an end but I've been working on being more organized and I know that I can get my stuff done. I'm excited that winter is finally here. It's time for hot chocolate and fuzzy slippers. I'm really excited.



My quote of the day is:

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

-Maya Angelou


Your life matters. You are beautiful. You deserve to be here. You deserve the right to feel and have the space to express those feelings. You are enough. ♥

No comments: