October 4, 2009

Wonka Lessons

Even though I'm a child of the 90's, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, a movie from 1971, has been one of my favorite movies for as long as I can remember. I watched it today and realized that this movie has a lot of lessons that we should all be aware of. Besides the lessons sung by the Oompa Loompas that even I thought were obvious back when I was about 7 or so. These are all the other just as important messages that I noticed while watching today:

-The innocence of a child is a force more powerful than the power of grown man and his many oompa loompas working together.

-"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be." --Willy Wonka

-" A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." --Willy Wonka

-The rain cannot fall forever. Better days will come and even when we're feeling as low as we think we could ever possibly be, we need to always keep hope alive. We can't give up. We have to always remember that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.

-Chocolate has the power to make people crazy.

-Having little to nothing helps up see what's truly important and those are the things that keep up strong when it seems like we have nothing at all.

There might be more but that's all I can think of at the moment. This movie will always be one of my favorites. It's so deep....

=]

No comments: